My group coaching program brings together a small group all on a similar path to enhance brain health through improving diet and lifestyle.
Group coaching can be a more affordable choice than one-on-one coaching. The educational presentations with group discussion help you learn about and put much of the brain healthy diet and lifestyle into actual practice. Our conversations create positive and healing human connections among the participants.
Unlike other programs, this Brain Health Revitalization program is not an impersonal series of recorded videos nor a large group where you cannot get individual attention. Instead, we have 8 meetings for 2 hours each, every two weeks in a group of about 8-10 people. About 30 minutes of each meeting is devoted to personal inquiries not addressed in the main topic presented. I create a safe, non-judgmental space for all to share in. You get live coaching interaction with me along with support from others with relatable issues. San Diegans can take advantage of my knowledge of local health resources.
In each of eight biweekly meetings, I present an hour or more of interactive education on a fundamental brain health topic (see “Content” below). Each meeting provides an opportunity for accountability, troubleshooting obstacles to progress, and celebration of successful steps towards your health goals.
Motivated individuals who are present at meetings and invest effort between sessions:
- eat in a more brain healthy way and troubleshoot dietary concerns,
- find inspiration to get more physical activity,
- learn to incorporate brain training into their daily life,
- develop stress reduction skills,
- progress toward more restorative sleep,
- reduce sources of toxicity,
- develop a solid understanding of Dr. Bredesen’s diet and lifestyle recommendations along with general guidelines for >20 of the mainstay supplements listed in “The End of Alzheimer’s”,
- and connect with like-minded people on a common path to wellness.
Those who make at least some of the diet and lifestyle changes self-report normalized hunger, stabilized blood sugar swings, weight loss (if starting with extra body fat), more mental clarity, better mood, and/or improved well-being by the end of the eight meetings.
The program has a total of twelve hours of live group coaching over approximately 3½ months. Throughout, I provide numerous resources to make it easier for you to integrate diet and lifestyle changes into what’s often a busy schedule and limited budget.
Here’s a sketch of my comprehensive step-by-step coverage of foundational brain health practices along with some of the worksheets and resources you’ll receive:
- Introduction, Ketoflex 12/3™ eating, Ketoflex™ Foods list, and Positive Visioning worksheet
- Guide for creating your personal mini-goals, Tracking Symptoms and Biomarkers worksheet, and Kitchen Cleanout outline
- Ketoflex™ meal recommendations, 12-16 hour time-restricted eating, restaurant ordering, Ketoflex™-friendly convenience foods, and recipes
- Brain training, physical activity, and Weekly ReCODE™ Journal
- Sounder Sleep guide
- Exploring stress management and Cultivating a Healthy Mind resource
- Common causes of Type 3 Alzheimer’s and Reducing Toxin Exposures guide
- Tips for transitioning to nutritional ketosis, ketosis contraindications, and glucose/ketone home blood testing
- Optimizing gut health and self-empowerment on your path of brain health revitalization (woven throughout)
[Photo of multiple resources.]
Designed for people with a MoCA score of 26 or higher:
- interested in preventing dementia and living a long, robust life,
- seeking to reverse subjective cognitive impairment (SCI),
- learning about brain healthy diet and lifestyle to support a family member with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) ,
- or working with a Bredesen-trained doctor to reverse early/borderline mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and subscribed to Apollo Health’s ReCODE™ or ReVERSE™ program
If you don’t know your MoCA [Montreal Cognitive Assessment] score
Another clinically-validated cognitive evaluation putting you in the “normal” range will substitute for a MoCA of >26. If you are suspicious that you are experiencing memory issues, please make an appointment with your doctor for a thorough neurocognitive assessment. For a nominal added fee, we can schedule an individual 20-minute appointment to administer and score a MoCA or you may purchase a CNS Vital Signs test to take online at home. Read more about these cognitive assessments here.
This group program is not appropriate for people with a MoCA score below 26, those diagnosed with middle or late stage Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) or pre-Alzheimer’s, nor individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease/other forms of dementia. This policy is in your best interest. People with more advanced cognitive impairment need collaborative support from caregivers, individual coaching, a ReCODE Qualified™ doctor, and subscription to Apollo Health’s ReVERSE™ program for successful reversal of cognitive decline.
Please also note that my group program is not open to other health coaches in order to avert inappropriate use of copywritten materials.
This program does not offer medical advice and does not replace personalized one-on-one coaching. Please consult your doctor before implementing the diet and lifestyle strategies discussed in the group program.
If changing diet and lifestyle alone does not provide the outcomes you seek, then medical treatment is warranted. The more marked the cognitive and health symptoms, the greater the need for a combination of both medical intervention by a Bredesen-trained doctor as well as one-on-one health coaching (personalized beyond group coaching).
The powerful group dynamic propels people to make progress with their brain and holistic health together. The Brain Health Revitalization program costs $349 per person—an incredible value in functional medicine and cognitive decline coaching programs.
Meeting time and place:
I would like to launch the next Revitalize Your Brain coaching series in September 2020. We will meet at a time and location that works best for the highest number of applicants. Meeting over Zoom videoconference on a weekday early evening has worked well in the past. If there’s enough interest to meeting the mid coastal San Diego region, then we’ll enjoy the added boost from in person connections. I hope you will be able to join us.
To get on the interest list for next group program:
First review the information above to make sure the program is right for you, then fill out the brief form below ⇓