My group coaching program brings together a small group all on a similar path to enhance brain health through improving diet and lifestyle.
Group coaching can be a more affordable choice than one-on-one coaching. The educational presentations with group discussion help you put much of the brain healthy diet and lifestyle into effective practices. Our conversations create positive and healing human connections among the participants.
Unlike many other programs, this Brain Health Revitalization program is not an impersonal series of recorded videos nor a large group where you cannot get individual attention. Instead, we have 8 meetings, each lasting 2 hours, every two weeks among 7-10 people. About 30 minutes of each meeting is devoted to personal inquiries not addressed in the main topic presented. I create a safe, non-judgmental space for all to share in. You get live coaching interaction with me along with support from others with relatable concerns. San Diegans can take advantage of my knowledge of local health resources.
In each of eight biweekly meetings, I present an hour or more of interactive education on a fundamental Bredesen Protocol topic for brain health (see “Content” below). Each meeting provides an opportunity for learning, accountability, troubleshooting obstacles to progress, and celebration of successful steps towards your health goals.
Motivated individuals who are present at meetings and invest effort between sessions:
- eat in a more brain healthy way and troubleshoot dietary issues,
- find inspiration to get more physical activity,
- learn to incorporate brain training into their daily life,
- develop stress reduction skills,
- progress toward more restorative sleep,
- reduce sources of toxicity,
- develop a solid understanding of Dr. Bredesen’s diet and lifestyle recommendations along with general guidelines for dozens of the mainstay supplements listed in “The End of Alzheimer’s Program”,
- and connect with like-minded people on a common path to wellness.
Those who make at least some of the diet and lifestyle changes self-report normalized hunger, stabilized blood sugar swings, weight loss (if starting with extra body fat), more mental clarity, better mood, and/or improved well-being by the end of the eight meetings.
The program has a total of sixteen hours of live group coaching over approximately 3½ months. Throughout, I provide numerous resources to make it easier for you to integrate diet and lifestyle changes into what’s often a busy schedule and limited budget.
Here’s a sketch of my comprehensive step-by-step coverage of foundational brain health practices along with some of the worksheets and resources you’ll receive:
- Introduction, Ketoflex 12/3™ eating, Ketoflex™ Foods list, and Positive Visioning worksheet
- Creating personalized mini-goals guide, Tracking Symptoms and Biomarkers worksheet, and Kitchen Cleanout outline
- Ketoflex™ meal recommendations, 12-16 hour time-restricted eating, restaurant ordering, Ketoflex™-friendly convenience foods, and recipes
- Brain training, physical activity, and Weekly ReCODE™ Journal
- Sounder Sleep guide
- Tips for transitioning to nutritional ketosis, ketosis contraindications, and glucose/ketone home blood testing
- Stress management and Cultivating a Healthy Mind resource
- Common causes of Type 3 Alzheimer’s (including mycotoxins) and Reducing Toxin Exposures guide
- Optimizing gut health and self-empowerment on your path of brain health revitalization (woven throughout)
Revitalizing Brain Health group coaching is designed for people:
- interested in preventing dementia and living a long, robust life,
- seeking to reverse subjective cognitive impairment (SCI),
- with cognitive function measured to be in normal range*
- learning about brain healthy diet and lifestyle to support a family member with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) ,
- or working with a Bredesen-trained doctor to reverse early/borderline mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and subscribed to Apollo Health’s ReCODE™ program
*Read more about cognitive assessments here. Getting an objective, clinically-validated measure of cognitive functioning in multiple domains is a pivotal part of the “cognoscopy” recommended by Dr. Bredesen for everyone over age 45. If you suspect that you may be experiencing memory/cognition issues, see your doctor for a thorough neurocognitive assessment. All participants must have a MoCA [Montreal Cognitive Assessment] score of 26 or higher (administered by a MoCA-certified professional; not self-administered) or other clinically-validated cognitive evaluation to make sure cognitive functioning is indeed in the “normal” range. If you don’t suspect any cognitive issues, you may add-on an online CNS Vital Signs cognitive test (more CNS-VS details here) for a nominal added fee ($45) to the group coaching program.
I do not offer any medical advice in the Revitalizing Brain Health program. This group coaching program does not replace personalized one-on-one coaching nor care from licensed healthcare providers. Please consult your doctor before implementing the diet and lifestyle strategies discussed in the group program. By participating, you agree to participate at your own risk and to make your own decisions about whether to engage in any of the diet, movement, lifestyle, or other activities discussed.
If changing diet and lifestyle alone does not provide the outcomes you seek, then medical treatment is warranted. The more marked the cognitive and health symptoms, the greater the need for a combination of both medical intervention by a Bredesen-trained doctor as well as one-on-one health coaching (personalized beyond group coaching).
This group program is not appropriate for people with a MoCA score below 26, those diagnosed with middle or late stage Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) or pre-Alzheimer’s, nor individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease/other forms of dementia. This policy has your best interest at heart because people with more advanced cognitive impairment require more than group coaching for successful reversal of cognitive decline. Cognitively impaired individuals almost always need collaborative support from caregivers, individual coaching, a ReCODE Qualified™ doctor, and subscription to Apollo Health’s ReCODE™ program.
This program is not open to other health coaches in order to avert inappropriate use of copy-written materials.
The powerful group dynamic propels people to make progress with their brain and holistic health together. The Brain Health Revitalization program costs $349 per person—an incredible value in functional medicine and cognitive decline coaching programs.
I’m tentatively launching the next Revitalizing Brain Health coaching series in September 2020. The meeting is likely to start around 1:00 pm PST or 4:00 pm PST on a day that works best for the greatest number of applicants. We will meet over Zoom videoconference with the option to participate by phone. I hope you will be able to join us.
To get on the interest list for next group coaching program:
After reviewing all the information above to ensure the program is right for you, please fill out the brief form below ⇓