We’re all gloriously complex individuals. People with similar symptoms each have their own combination of underlying causes and unique paths to robust health. Individuals often need one-on-one coaching for help navigating numerous aspects of their personalized Bredesen Protocol™ and for support with therapeutic diet and lifestyle change tailored to their circumstances.
Please review my breadth of experience and training that enables me to deliver exceptional care beyond that of most other health coaches. I serve as a bridge between individuals and their doctor to help them be more successful with the prescribed lifestyle changes needed to nurture optimal brain health. My expertise can highlight aspects of the Protocol you might be unaware of or neglecting–keys to realize more vibrant cognition and overall health.
Ideally, my coaching doesn’t just adapt your lifestyle to prevent or reverse cognitive decline—it puts you on the trajectory to become a sharp, vital, physically capable, independent, kick-ass 90-year-old living well and contributing to the world.
In health coaching sessions, I help you:
- proceed from your current diet and lifestyle habits without judgment to ease into “living the Bredesen Protocol™”
- prioritize aspects of nutrition and brain healthy lifestyle
- understand your challenges and hopes
- develop clarity for getting the most out of your limited time, money, and energy
- adapt the KetoFLEX™ diet template to your taste buds, ApoE4 status, insulin sensitivity, exercise habits, weight loss goals, fermentable fiber tolerance, cooking/dining preferences, and doctor’s recommendations
- nourish your brain deliciously with grocery lists, recipes, snack ideas, and restaurant ordering aligned with KetoFLEX 12/3™
- uncover strategies to implement effective cognitive challenge, stress management, and physical activities
- explore ways to improve your sleep and reduce total toxin burden
- understand your ReCODE Report™, lab tests, and supplements beyond your doctor’s limited time
- stay motivated to make small steps over time for sustained progress
- ease into sustained nutritional ketosis (when that’s your goal) with a well-formulated diet
- understand the science behind the Bredesen ReCODE Protocol, i.e. trophic support and mycotoxin treatment
- generate a MoCA score and ReCODE Report™ by administering the cognitive test and uploading your lab test results
- feel supported and relieved of overwhelm
- save money through diet & lifestyle support at less expensive rates than doctors (for the care that can be delivered within the scope-of-practice of a health coach)
- iterate, tweak, and troubleshoot your diet and lifestyle program to help you feel your best
After five coaching sessions within a few months of sustained effort, most people:
- feel more energized,
- have an uplifted mood
- begin to experience more cognitive clarity,
- lose fat (if overweight),
- see improved biomarkers that put them at vastly less risk for future cognitive decline and other chronic diseases
MY BRAIN HEALTH COACHING SERVICES
- 5 FOUNDATIONAL coaching sessions for Preventative Brain Health
- 5 PreCODE sessions or PreCODE™ subscribers at the stage of prevention
- 8 ReCODE sessions for ReCODE™ subscribers and their caregiver(s) in collaboration with their Bredesen-trained doctor
- 1 CONSULTATION for 55 minutes with option for MoCA or CNS-VS cognitive assessment
- 1 CONSULTATION for 75 minutes + MoCA and optional data entry to generate a ReCODE Report™ for ReCODE™ subscribers
- CONCIERGE and custom coaching packages
- 4 FOLLOW-UP brain health coaching sessions
See detailed descriptions below.
For us to partner without a Bredesen-trained doctor, we’ll need a MoCA, CNS-VS, or other cognitive test for clarity that you are at the stage of prevention rather than reversing cognitive impairment. If you’re unsure about “senior moments” and haven’t recently had a cognitive evaluation, consider a single paid consultation including a MoCA or CNS-VS as an initial measure of your cognitive baseline to begin illuminating the path forward.
Coaching for PREVENTION is suited for people:
- at the stage of preventing cognitive decline with a longer time horizon to optimize nutrition and lifestyle habits
- motivated by a genetic predisposition, family history, and/or increasing their prospect for a long vibrant life such that they get basic lab testing and a baseline cognitive assessment
- not yet experiencing significant memory/cognitive issues and have a MoCA score greater than 27
- intend to optimize as many aspects of your diet and lifestyle as feasible to prevent dementia and enhance overall health
If, instead. you already experience cognitive impairment, please see my “ReCODE” coaching further down this page.
5-Session Foundational Brain Health Coaching for Prevention
Designed for individuals, often 40-65 years of age, at the stage of prevention who have not subscribed to PreCODE™/ReCODE™. Putting a brain healthy diet and lifestyle into actual practice “clears the muddy waters”, often for more economical and efficient treatment thereafter.
I pack an initial 75-minute and four 55-minute follow-up meetings with as much of brain health coaching that time allows.
To accelerate your progress, I share both my own proprietary extensive resources as well as handouts from the Institute for Functional Medicine’s tool kit. Your welcome includes a handy KetoFLEX 12/3™ foods list as well as an IFM food guide and recipes. (Note that I’m prohibited from sharing proprietary information from Apollo Health.)
Lab testing may be arranged within your insurance plan, plus the option to fill in important gaps with direct-to-consumer lab tests. I include forms to track important biomarkers and symptoms. We may uncover a need to refer you to a doctor for further investigation.
While this package includes my administration of the MoCA cognitive assessment, I encourage those confident that they have not yet experienced cognitive decline to upgrade to a more extensive CNS-Vital Signs cognitive test. All my coachees are granted access to a 25% discount on an array of quality supplements from my Fullscript formulary.
This package of five coaching sessions can be amazingly effective for people ready to put in the work to eat well and live a brain healthy lifestyle.
If your general health symptoms and lab biomarkers do not improve, the next step could be the PreCODE™ program, more advanced interventions from a Bredesen-trained doctor, and/or additional coaching sessions as desired. Please understand that you are not doing the official Bredesen Protocol™ without a ReCODE Report™ from Apollo Health.
5 Sessions for “PreCODE” AKA Prevention of Cognitive Decline
Designed for individuals at the stage of prevention who invest in Apollo Health’s PreCODE™ program. Effective one-on-one health coaching for sustained behavior change takes a minimum of five sessions over up to five months.
I pack an initial 75-minute and four 55-minute follow-up meetings with as much of personalized coaching that our time allows. Our longer coaching session can be timed around when your ReCODE Report™ is ready.
I share my practical guides for making diet and lifestyle changes as well as specific knowledge of San Diego resources as needed for your case. I also provide a 25% discount on many Bredesen Protocol™ supplements and a 10% discount on LifeSeasons supplements.
We utilize your ReCODE Report™ to highlight the therapeutic nutrition and lifestyle practices for your bioindividual case. I can update your Report to track health progress over time. Please note that greater personalization of your Bredesen Protocol™ can only be offered under guidance of a Bredesen-trained medical doctor.
Coaching for Reversal of COgnitive DEcline suited for:
- those at the stage of subjective cognitive impairment† set on restoring cognition and enhancing overall wellness
- or individuals diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment‡ OR very early Alzheimer’s dementia‡ when they have both subscribed to ReCODE™ AND are under the supervision of a Bredesen-trained doctor
- ready to optimize nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress resilience, detox, and cognitive stimulation as much as feasible
†Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) is often readily reversible with diet, lifestyle, and a modicum of medical treatment. I’ve witnessed numerous patients with hints of memory and/or cognitive issues reverse these problems, discontinue their need for multiple medications, and turn their health around. Achieving these same outcomes is very doable for most people with SCI when they have the assistance of an experienced health coach, a ReCODE™ account, and treatment from a Bredesen-trained doctor.
‡Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI/pre-Alzheimer’s) generally requires more of an investment in medical treatment, accompanied by health coaching, for at least 6-12 months to realize improvements. I only coach individuals with MCI or early Alzheimer’s (1) in conjunction with a supportive partner/caregiver, (2) when subscribed to Apollo Health’s ReCODE™ program, and (3) working with a Bredesen-trained doctor (see Collaborative Care for further explanation of 1-3).
8 Sessions for Reversal of COgnitive DEcline (ReCODE)
ReCODE™ subscribers need ample time for unwinding the underlying causes of disease revealed by your ReCODE Report™. Eight coaching sessions over six months grants us more time to build sustainable health habits–the foundation of vitality and cognitive clarity. It often takes time and personalized attention to overcome backslides and hurdles until your new default way of life provides the best environment for your brain, mind, and body to flourish. The resources I provide will complement the online guides in your ReCODE™ account.
Your ReCODE Report™, doctor’s guidance, and time exploring your current practices will identify the aspects of the Bredesen Protocol™ to prioritize. Together, we shore up weak links in lifestyle–nutritional insufficiencies, sedentarism, poor sleep/low oxygen saturation, excess stressors, detoxification, inadequate cognitive challenge, and more–in order to revitalize your brain health. The pace of our coaching sessions is matched to your needs.
Take advantage of the powerful combination of ReCODE Report™, substantial diet and lifestyle coaching, and doctor’s care to reverse sub-clinical health issues than may have been simmering for decades. This is a solid plan for transforming your health.
*Option for a series of five ReCODE coaching sessions if we have completed two initial session(s) through your doctor or when appropriate after a paid consultation.
More Coaching Options
Single 55-Minute Consultationwith optional Cognitive Assessment
A 55-minute videoconference can include my administration of a MoCA cognitive assessment (takes about 15 minutes) as needed for a ReCODE Report™ and/or an initial objective cognitive measure. Your MoCA score becomes your private information and I will never share it without your express permission. Generally, a MoCA score of 28 or higher aligns with “prevention”. It’s wise to seek further cognitive and medical evaluation if you score below 28.
The CNS-VS is a more elaborate cognitive assessment suited for people suspecting subtle cognitive issues and likely to have a near perfect MoCA result. For an additional fee of $45, you can take the CNS-VS online in the comfort of your own home. You’ll receive a complete anonymized CNS-VS Report and we’ll have a full 55-minutes for our consultation conversation.
During your consultation, I answer your general questions about brain health coaching and initiating the Bredesen ReCODE Protocol™. Personalized health coaching requires time-consuming review of your intake information/ReCODE Report™/doctor’s notes and a legal coaching agreement beyond the scope of this single consultation. A quarter of your consultation fee can be deducted from a coaching package purchase made within the next month.
Single 75-Minute Consultation with MoCA and ReCODE Report™ Generation for ReCODE™ Subscribers
My single 75-minute videoconference helps new ReCODE™ subscribers navigate a long-term program to treat this life-threatening condition. I’ll administer the MoCA during our consultatiopn. If you have lab test results through your insurance (rather than the Quest panel of ReCODE™ tests through Apollo Health), I can enter them to generate your ReCODE Report™. You’ll likely save money by having a health coach rather than a doctor complete these initial steps of the Bredesen Protocol™. Having your ReCODE Report™ in hand can be helpful when selecting a Bredesen-trained doctor and committing to an appropriate 6+ month program.
Use the remaining consultation time for answering your general questions related to the Bredesen Protocol™. One-quarter of your consultation fee can be applied toward a coaching package purchase made within the next month.
I’m happy to tailor my brain health coaching to suit your needs. I’ll serve as an experienced guide, educator, and health coach for your personalized Bredesen Protocol™. Options range from accompanying you to a doctor’s appointment (over video-conference or in person) to a home visit pantry make-over with KetoFLEX™ cooking lession to accelerate dietary change. Please arrange a discovery phone call to describe what you have in mind.
I may also support you in accordance with a comprehensive 6- or 12-month program designed by a Bredesen-trained doctor.
4 Follow-up Coaching Sessions
A series of four 55-minute follow-up sessions, for patients/clients I’ve already seen, to build on and sustain brain healthy diet and lifestyle habits. Additional health coaching may be needed to continue to interate, re-evaluate, make adjustments, and celebrate your progress.
*If you desire a single follow-up coaching session after 3-9 months has elapsed since our last coaching session, I may provide personalized health coaching as an extension of our previous coaching agreement. This will be most productive if I review your most recent lab results/doctor’s notes and examine a current diet & lifestyle journal. You may also request data entry to update your ReCODE Report. Please email me for a single follow up fee quote subject to the extra time required beyond the one-on-one videoconference.
Health gains and the extent of cognitive benefits vary.
Each person’s health journey unfolds differently. Complex health problems and deep-seated habits require more time for resolution and referrals to appropriate practitioners. While some people have an epiphany that triggers quick and lasting lifestyle change, many need multiple months of coaching to develop a brain healthy lifestyle. My aim is to expediently empower you to reach a maintenance phase when you feel so good that you never want to go back to previous, less healthy habits.
As examples, I’ve helped:
- a client with the support of a very organized spouse reverse his subjective cognitive impairment after three sessions spread out over several months with dedicated action taken in between sessions
- numerous people reverse non-insulin dependent diabetes, normalize blood pressure, and wean off various medications under supervision of their doctors chiefly via the diet and lifestyle changes supported by a 5-8 coaching sessions
- many relieve their irritable bowel symptoms through tailoring the KetoFLEX 12/3™ dietary template along with support for sounder sleep and stress resilience
- patients with MCI increase their cognitive functioning for better quality of life within six months along with treatment from their doctor
Sessions are held by videoconference, over the phone, or in person.
I partner with people throughout the world. The Zoom videoconference app is relatively easy to launch and allows multiple people to meet via a smart phone/laptop/computer equipped with a microphone, videocamera, and internet access. I offer instructions to help with the technology. Coaching over the telephone is an alternative.
Only as needed, I travel to meet people face-to-face for an additional charge (depending on the distance). Click to see my common meeting locations within San Diego, California, many have outdoor space where we can meet with social distancing.
My general hours are 10:00 am – 6:30 pm PST Monday-Thursday, with priority given to group videoconferences in the evenings and clinic appointments on Monday and Thursday mornings.
My Fees and Value:
Having support to build new diet and lifestyle habits can mean the difference between success and failure with your personalized Bredesen Protocol™.
A small investment in health coaching can yield priceless feelings of vitality and mental sharpness. For those with cognitive issues that compromise their employment, investing in restoring cognitive functioning ultimately yields financial gain. Consider what coaching support is worth to you before reviewing my coaching fees.
If my coaching services match what you’re looking for, please arrange a free 15-minute conversation to determine if we’re mutually a good fit.