We’re all gloriously complex individuals. If you need personalized support to fully implement the Bredesen ReCODE Protocol™ and tailor it to your unique circumstances, I can help.
As a ReCODE Report Qualified™ practitioner, I help you:
- prioritize aspects of the Ketoflex™ diet and ReCODE™ lifestyle as well as develop clarity for getting the most out of your limited time, money, and energy
- personalize the Ketoflex™ diet to your taste buds, ApoE4 status, insulin sensitivity, exercise habits, weight loss goals, fermentable fiber tolerance, cooking/dining preferences, and more, especially with guidance from a ReCODE Report™ or Bredesen-trained doctor
- immediately start nourishing your brain deliciously with grocery shopping, recipe, snack, and eating out ideas aligned with Ketoflex 12/3™
- uncover strategies to implement as much as possible of ReCODE™ with effective brain challenging, stress reduction, and physical activities you’d most enjoy
- explore ways to improve your sleep and reduce total toxin burden based on the current evidence base
- understand your ReCODE Report™ analysis, lab tests, and ReCODE™ supplements beyond what your doctor has time for
- keep in touch with your motivation so that you take small steps sustained over time
- ease into sustained nutritional ketosis (when that is a therapeutic goal) by utilizing my experience transitioning dozens of people to a well-formulated ketogenic diet
- understand the basics of mycotoxin illness treatment and trophic support, when needed
- generate a ReCODE Report™, for those subscribed to ReVERSE™, by administering the MoCA and uploading lab test results
- feel supported and relieved of overwhelm
It can be a mistake to go it alone. High quality, professional coaching helps to guide, simplify, accelerate, and ease the transition to “living ReCODE™”. Without expert help, individuals may remain unaware of what they don’t know and neglect aspects of the Protocol that can be the key to success. The coaching collaboration propels your more quickly, easily, and intelligently toward vibrant cognitive and overall health.
Foundational 5-Session ReCODE™ Coaching Package:
Effective one-on-one ReCODE™ coaching takes a minimum of five sessions. I pack an initial 75-minute and four 55-minute follow-up meetings with as much of the aforementioned coaching support as time allows.
Your welcome includes a handy Ketoflex 12/3™ foods list, an IFM food guide, recipes, and a meal planner. Along the way, I share helpful tips from the Institute for Functional Medicine’s tool kit as well as numerous proprietary resources I’ve created for accelerating progress. All my coachees are granted access to a 30% discount on ReCODE™ supplements both from Dr. Bredesen’s recommended brand as well as other quality brands on my formulary.
After five coaching sessions and effort invested in between, most people:
- feel more energized,
- have uplifted mood
- gain mental sharpness/cognitive clarity,
- lose fat (if overweight),
- see improved biomarkers that put them at vastly less risk for future cognitive decline and other chronic diseases
Deluxe 8-Session ReCODE™ Coaching Package:
Eight sessions provide more time for creating and accumulating new healthy habits. It can take time to overcome backslides and hurdles until your new default way of life provides the best environment for your brain, mind, and body to flourish. Ample time to share more details of your story in order to create a functional medicine timeline creates additional potential to reveal underlying causes of dis-ease.
How long it takes to realize major health gains and the extent of cognitive benefits vary. While some people have an epiphany that triggers immediate and lasting lifestyle change, many need more than two months of biweekly coaching to develop a brain healthy lifestyle.
Each person’s health journey unfolds differently. Complex health problems and deep-seated habits often require more time for resolution and referrals to appropriate practitioners. My aim is to expediently empower you to reach a maintenance phase when you feel so good that you never want to go back to previous, less healthy habits.
- a very organized, motivated, action-oriented client reverse subjective cognitive impairment (SCI) in three sessions (with accompanying medical treatment)
- numerous people restore health by reversing non-insulin dependent diabetes, normalizing blood pressure, and going off various medications under supervision of their doctors
- many people relieve their irritable bowel symptoms
- patients with pre-Alzheimer’s/MCI and stage 2 Alzheimer’s increase their cognitive performance and functioning for better quality of life
I partner with people nationwide:
- who are interested in preventing dementia by optimizing their brain and overall health
- with subjective cognitive impairment (SCI) to first stop further decline and then improve cognition
- with a diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) or very early Alzheimer’s dementia under supervision of their doctor(s)
- who are caregivers alongside a person with established Alzheimer’s and in collaboration with their Bredesen-trained doctor (please review Collaborative Care with your Doctor).
Preventing cognitive decline:
If you are at the stage of prevention and have not signed up for AHNP Health’s ReCODE™ program, I offer forms to track important biomarkers, symptoms, and relevant lab test results. We may uncover a need to dig deeper with a doctor to address underlying issues not resolved by diet and lifestyle. Putting a brain healthy diet and lifestyle into actual practice “clears the muddy waters” for your doctor, often for more economical and efficient treatment thereafter.
For my prevention patients, ideally, my coaching doesn’t just adapt your lifestyle to prevent cognitive decline—it puts you on the trajectory to become a sharp, vital, physically capable, independent, kick-ass 90-year-old living well and contributing to the world.
Reversing cognitive decline:
SCI is more readily reversible with diet, lifestyle, and a modicum of medical help.
MCI/pre-Alzheimer’s and Alzheimer’s disease generally require more of an investment in medical treatment, accompanied by health coaching, for at least six months to realize improved cognition. I coach individuals with MCI or early Alzheimer’s and a supportive partner in collaboration with their doctor (see Collaborative Care with your Doctor) and subscription to AHNP Health’s ReVERSE™ program.
Sessions are held by videoconference, over the phone, or in person.
The Zoom app for videoconferencing is relatively easy to launch and allows multiple people to meet (without having to commute) via a smart phone/laptop/computer equipped with a microphone, videocamera, and internet access. I send instructions to make the technology easy to use. Coaching over the telephone is another option. I also travel to meet people face-to-face in the comfort of their home, at a San Diego library, or café for an additional charge (depending on the distance).
My general hours are 10:00 am – 6:30 pm PST Monday-Thursday and 10:00 am – 3:00 pm PST Friday, with priority given to group videoconferences in the evenings and La Jolla clinic appointments Monday and Thursday mornings.
The value of ReCODE™ coaching:
A small investment in health coaching can yield priceless feelings of vitality and mental sharpness. Consider what coaching support is worth to you before reviewing my coaching fees.
If you have reviewed this page and determined that my coaching services sound helpful to you, then you are likely the kind of person I’d be pleased to partner with. Please use the contact form at this link to arrange a free 20-minute conversation about your situation, how I can help, and whether we’re mutually a good fit.